How to peel raw prawns
1. Break off the head and discard (or retain for making stock). Turn upside down and grip the legs and shell down one side.
2. Peel back the legs and shell segments all along the tail.
3. Leave the tail and end segments on the prawn for a decorative look. Otherwise simply break them off.
4. Hold the prawn and make an incision with a small sharp knife along the back of the tail, taking care not to cut right through.
5. Open along the incision and remove the dark intestinal tract. The prawns are now ready to cook.