How to prepare live lobster for grilling
1. Place the lobster on to a board.
2. Locate the cross on the lobster’s back, which is normally found 2.5-3cm below the spikes on its head. Using a large sharp knife, insert the point of the blade into the centre of this cross. Push the blade down straight through the lobster. This will kill it instantly.
3. Pull the knife back along the centre line of its body towards the tail until you have cut clean through its length. Turn the lobster round and repeat to the other end.
4. Now remove the claws in one piece where the arms join the body.
5. With the back of a large knife, crack the shell adjacent to the claws.
6. Place the lobster on to a tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.