with Rice and Beans, Grilled Tender Stem Broccoli & Scotch Bonnet Mayo. Estimated cost per portion £3.75
- 2 plaice fillets
- 1 tbls jerk seasoning or paste
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 cup navy beans
- 2 tbls tomato paste
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 cloves
- 1 tsp scotch bonnet hot sauce
- 2 tbls mayonnaise
- 1 bunch tender stem broccoli
- Cooking spray
- Salt and pepper
- Rub the fish with the jerk seasoning and leave to marinate for an hour.
- In a small pot sauté the onion, ginger and clove until the onion is soft and the clove is fragrant.
- Add in the tomato paste and cook for another minute, add the beans and rice and mix thoroughly.
- Once hot, cover and reserve.
- Mix the hot sauce with the mayonnaise and set aside.
- Preheat the grill and place the fish and broccoli on a baking tray.
- Spray liberally with cooking spray and cook for 4/5 minutes turning the broccoli halfway so it cooks on both sides.
- Plate up the rice, fish and broccoli on a warm plate with a good dollop of mayo on the side.