Spicy Gurnard Fish Finger Sarnie
with Cajun Mayo, Quick Pickled Cucumbers, Lettuce. Estimated cost per portion £2.85
- 4 gurnard fillets, skinned
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tbls mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1/4 cucumber
- 1/4 cup any vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 slices of bread
- 1 cup lettuce, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Cooking spray
- Cut the gurnard fillets into 8 fingers.
- Coat first in the flour, then egg and breadcrumbs.
- Reserve in the fridge.
- Mix the mayo with the Cajun seasoning and hot sauce.
- Slice the cucumber thinly and mix with the vinegar, salt and sugar and allow to pickle in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the grill, spray the fingers with cooking spray and cook under the grill for 5 minutes a side or until crisp.
- To assemble the sandwiches spread the mayo mixture on the inside, add the romaine to one side, then the pickles to the other.
- Place the fingers on the romaine and season with salt and pepper.
- Close up the sandwiches, slice and serve.