with Shallot, Coconut & Ginger Broth. Estimated price per portion £2.25
- 1 kg mussels
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 shallots
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lime
- 1 chilli finely sliced (optional)
- Use a deep heavy pan with a lid for the recipe.
- Sauté the shallot, ginger and garam masala in the olive oil on medium heat until soft.
- Add the mussels and cover.
- Cook for 2/3 minutes until the shells begin to open then add the coconut milk, replace the lid and cook for another 2/3 minutes or until the shells are all the way open.
- Squeeze the lime juice overtop and chili if you like.